The benefits of using Comfort Slat Mat’s patented curved design assists speedy removal of waste material whilst incorporating an air cushioned surface, making it the most comfortable mat on the market.
Fig.1 Curved smooth design ensures the speedy removal of waste to the tank underneath. A reduction of up to 50% of ammonia ( Please see report here) can be achieved by this speedy removal of the waste from the surface increasing the nitrate value retained in the slurry. The cored section provides maximum comfort & minimal slip and at the same time allows the mat to ‘flex’ under the weight of the animal.
Fig.2 With Comfort Slat Mat’s patented design, the flow of urine & faecal matter is guided into the slots where it is directed to the tank below. This keeps the animal dryer & cleaner.
Fig.3 The removal of animal waste and the smooth floor reduces the slippiness of the floor surface thereby improving the animals’ footing & sense of security in being able to walk on the mat without fear of injury.
Waste Collected in the slurry tank below
Comfort Slat Mat incorporate a patented Air-cushioned design that brings the comfort of outdoors-indoors. Comfort Slat Mat is 100% recyclable.
Ammonia emissions from animal housing are a major pollutant leading to the atrophication & acidicifacion of terrestial & aquatic eco systems.
- 60 % of Ammonia emissions from cattle housing comes from the floor & 40% from the tank.
- The mat address the ammonia coming from the floor by the unique curved surface and the ammonia emissions are reduced by up to 50% by the speedy removal of the urine to the slurry tank beneath. Please see report here.
- The patented valve which is designed to be clipped onto the mat & which can be retrofitted to existing mats, is currently under test.
- The use of this valve is designed to address the ammonia that comes from the tank ensuring that most of the ammonia is retained in the slurry. It is not therefore being released into the atmosphere, thereby ensuring a better environment, as well as improving the health of the animals.
- The patented ammonia valves fitted to each side of the mat whilst reducing the ammonia coming from the slurry tank also permits at the same time the easy passage of the animal waste to the tank.
- Once ammonia is retained beneath the floor, it is contained within the actual slurry and further increases the nitrate value of the slurry itself.
- The valves also reduce the upward drafts from the tanks which is another threat to the health of the animals,and this is especially applicable to young animals.
- It has also been proven that the mat reduces the urease from the floor by 90%. Please see report here.