No, unlike a number of other mats used on this application that are made from rubber which may have already been recycled, Comfort Slat Mat is made from virgin engineering grade plastics that are designed for a combination of comfort, wear and durability. All materials are non-toxic, which are 100% recyclable. Comfort Slat Mats are custom designed for each farm and all mats have individual identification per each metre of length for the purpose of traceability. This is a requirement of ISO 9001 2000 International Quality Standard to which all our slat-mats are made.
The other mats, because of their design are made of one material which is hard and mainly flat and while they give better protection than the bare concrete slats, Comfort Slat Mats are made from three different materials that encompasses resilience, softness, durability & grip , which combined with the unique curved surface ensures that:
- A significant reduction in injuries & lameness in animals is achieved by the cored centre of the mat with its ‘Super-soft’ interior.
- The urine from the animals is speedily dispatched to the slurry tank below-keeping the animals dryer and cleaner.
- The mat promotes a healthy feeding cycle.
- The chemically-resistant, high -wear skin on the mat combined with the super-soft’ feel from its centre, combines to give excellent wear characteristics combined with optimum comfort for the cattle.
- In cattle sheds or barns, 60% of Ammonia from the animal waste comes from the floor & 40% from the tank. Consequently, the fast removal, particularly of the urine not only keeps the animals dryer and cleaner, but reduces the level of ammonia from the floor.
- As the mat fits down over the slat, the gap is only reduced by the thickness of the side- wall of the mat (2-3mm) on either side. There is therefore no blocking of the gap, so that there is minimum restriction which would prevent the waste from getting to the tank.
- We believe that the combination of the above provides a healthier environment for the animals as well as contributing to the improvement of the general environment.
Yes, Comfort Slat Mats have been approved by the Irish Dept of Agriculture for grants awards, See their website – http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/
Yes, mats are made to suit all sizes & there is a mat to suit slat width differences of 5mm, so selection of the mats to suit the slats is very important. Some slats on the same gang can be different widths, for example, the two outside slats can be different to the other four slats in the same gang.
Download our Comfort Mat Sizes Here
No, we have a drawing for all of the relevant dimensions so that all notching & cutting can be done during our production process. Fitting is easy- see ‘installation’ on our website. It takes only 20 minutes to fit mats to a normal pen.
Yes, as each mat is fitted to individual slats, Comfort Slat Mat is especially designed with a ‘Spring loaded grip’ mechanism to hold the mat in place, combined with the correct sizing of the mat to suit the slat. The base of the mat is made from robust & rigid material to ensure that the mat stays in place.
Most definitely not. Comfort Slat Mat fits snugly over the slat & will not spread or distort, so that the gap between the slats is maintained.
Yes, they are covered under a warranty for five years. Please refer to the section dealing with tests and ongoing Testing on Comfort Slat Mats.
If you contact your agent (see Distributors page), they can arrange a visit to a local farm. We believe that existing customers are our best sales people and you can obtain the benefit of their experience in helping you to reach your decision.
The mat is specially designed for Non Slip.
- Increased Weight Gain
- Drier and Cleaner
- Custom Designed
- Reduced Lameness
- Hard Wearing and Durable
- Multi Award Winning
- Manufactured in Ireland